Homeless Youth Initiative

If you are 25 or younger and in an unstable housing situation, homeless, or at risk of homelessness, HPRP offers legal assistance in the following areas: 

Image by Jesús Rodríguez
  • Housing application denial

  • Eviction from public housing, Section 8, emergency shelter, transitional housing program, or permanent supportive housing

  • Public benefits denial or termination (food stamps, Temporary Cash Assistance, Medical Assistance, or Temporary Disability Assistance Program)

  • Expungement (removal of criminal charges from the public record)


HPRP also has volunteer attorneys who may be able to provide legal assistance in the following areas:

  • Family law (child custody, peace and protective orders, etc.)

  • Consumer law (credit and debt issues, identity theft, etc.)

  • Landlord-tenant issues

  • Name change

  • Connection or reconnection to foster care

  • Social Security disability or survivor’s benefits

  • Other civil legal issues – Please contact us to ask whether we can help you!